Domestic Abuse, Violence, Spousal Abandonment and need to enroll in Health Plan?

When you’re a victim of domestic abuse or violence. Also spousal abandonment, then you can contact the Marketplace Center to help you enroll. Make sure you inquire about any dependents as they may be eligible for health insurance coverage.

When married to your abuser or abandoner. It is okay to answer the question regarding your marital status as “unmarried.” This can be done without any fears of having a penalty for mis stating your current marital status. Pending your current income, you may become qualified for a tax credits and some other savings for your Marketplace plan.

You have 60 days to enroll in a Marketplace plan when you qualify for the special enrollment period (SEP).